Project One | by Mercedes-Benz Montreal-Est.
Project One: The technology of Formula 1, for our roads!
January 11 2018, Mercedes-Benz Montréal-Est
For starters, the Project One vehicle was first presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show. For the first time, the two-seater supersport car introduces hybrid technology from Formula 1. The most recent and best-performing circuit at near-normal to represent the highlight of AMG’s 50th anniversary. This high-performance hybrid would produce more than 1,000 horsepower and reach speeds of over 350 km / h. The demo car combines outstanding racetrack performance and Formula 1 hybrid technology on a daily basis with exemplary efficiency. With the four-door, AMG GT concept, Mercedes-AMG’s Project One offers another insight into the future hybrid performance strategy of the Mercedes-Benz sports car brand.
EQ Power system.
In addition to unparalleled power and handling, Project ONE stands out for its impressive efficiency. Its hybrid EQ Power + propulsion system allows multiple driving programs ranging from a purely electric mode to an ultra-dynamic mode, while the regenerative braking system recovers up to 80% of the braking energy. Result: optimal power and efficiency.
Finally, visually, the Project ONE evokes the high-end category of motorsport with its muscular proportions, numerous air intakes and forged aluminum wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires. In addition, the interior is radically minimalist, with light bucket seats and a Formula 1 steering wheel. However, it is the whole of this automobile that fascinates, pushing the limits of what is feasible from a point of view. technology and ushering in a new chapter in the history of Mercedes-Benz.
Key highlights :
- A 1.6-liter V6 hybrid engine with direct injection and electrically assisted turbocharging.
- Four electric motors for a combined 450 kW.
- Total output of over 1,000 hp.
- Automated AMG SPEEDSHIFT 8-speed manual transmission.
- 800-volt EQ Power+ drive system.
- Adjustable ESP® with ON, SPORT HANDLING, and OFF modes.
- 10-spoke forged aluminum wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires.
- Flat-LED headlamps and tail lamps with rhomboid design that echoes the AMG logo.
- Rooftop air intake and vertical shark fin.
- Vertical spoiler lip and two-section rear diffuser.
- Two high-res, free-standing 10-inch displays.
- Formula 1-style steering wheel with integrated controllers and LED shift display.
While the power and handling are unrivalled, the efficiency of the Project ONE is equally impressive. An EQ Power+ hybrid drive system allows for multiple driving modes, from purely electric to highly dynamic, and the regenerative brake system recoups up to 80% of braking energy. The end result is optimum output and efficiency.
Visually, the Project ONE evokes the premium class of motorsport with muscular proportions, numerous air inlets, and forged aluminum wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. The interior is radically minimal, with lightweight bucket seats and a Formula 1 steering wheel. But it’s the complete package that resonates, pushing the limit of what’s technologically feasible, and opening a new chapter in the history of Mercedes-Benz.